Sunday, January 23, 2011

Death by sleeplessness

11:53 p.m. I just yelled at my middle daughter to shut her lips. I should feel bad about it seeing as this is the meanest thing I have ever said to any of my children. I feel like a red ball of firey anger has taken over and soon I will be able to shoot lasers out of my eyes with just an evil mom-like stare. If only these lasers could be sleep rays I could happily rule my stubborn middle daughter with an iron fist. lets take a little flash back to Friday night.

1:00 a.m. After watching a semi-uninterrupted movie with my husband we finally get to bed. We get very little alone time and wanted to watch a movie with 'bad' words in it, thus the super late night.
2:00 a.m. Izzy yells for me.
2:20 a.m back to sleep.
3:00 a.m neighbors wake me up yelling at each other.
3:20 a.m. Back to sleep
3:49 a.m. Izzy yells for me.
5:00 a.m. Back to sleep. But now I am on the couch.
7:15 a.m sneak off to my bed.
7:30 a.m All 3 kids wake up for the day so I'm up.

Saturday night..

10:30 p.m. Go to bed.
11:30 p.m Izzy yells for me.
11:40 p.m back to bed.
Do this 3 more times.
3:00 a.m. Emma wakes up.
4:00 a.m Put Emma back to bed, Izzy awakes.
4:10 back to bed.
7:15 a.m. Wake to Gwin whispering to Izzy " Let mama sleep."
7:16 a.m. Smile and think about how much I love my kids.
7:30 a.m. Emma wakes and so do I.

Tonight...

9:10 p.m. Gwin falls asleep
10:50 p.m. Emma falls asleep.
Izzy won't sleep.
11:10 p.m. Izzy falls asleep in my bed.
11:15 p.m. Husband carries her out.
11:17 p.m. Izzy is crying so loud about not being able to go to sleep that she wakes up Emma.
11:20 p.m. Emma falls asleep. Then starts to cry so loud that she wakes up Gwin.
11:21 p.m. I yank Izzy out of my bed, into which she has climbed while the other two awoke. I said " If I don't get to sleep in my bed you sure don't."
11:22 p.m. Izzy says " I can't sleep.". I say " Shut your lips. I don't care if you sleep or not but you are going to be quiet."
12:27 a.m. I feel just a tinny bit bad for what I said. All children are now asleep. But I still wish I had sleep lasers that shot out of my eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment