Thursday, May 12, 2011

Learning a lesson


We woke up this morning. I packed a lunch, checked the weather, put 50 cents in Gwin's backpack for a popsicle. I found all three kids clothes in my giant pile of clean laundry. ( Izzy flooded the toilet last night and all the kids clothes and towels had to be washed, 3 loads!) I filled juice cups, found socks, tied shoes. Got everyone out the door, walked up the steps, Izzy fell and I had to take Emma up, then return to carry Izzy up. We got to the car. Put Emma in, Gwin got in, Izzy got in. Buckled Emma, go to buckle Izzy and she says " MOOOOM, I can do it my self."

I am trying to buckle a child in the car who wants nothing to do with my help, in the end she couldn't do it herself, but it did nothing to erase the comment that sent me into a flashback.

" Izzy!! Get out of my purse, you can not have any more gum" And as I turn around she grabs another piece. " Izzy, give me that gum, you have already snuck 3 pieces and you can not have any more." And then she shakes her head at me. So I proceed to slap the stick of gum out of her hand and march her out the door so we can go get milk and juice at Walmart. On the way to the car she starts yelling " I am not talking to you any more!" I told her "Thats fine." She says " I love you." " I love you too, Izzy." " But I am not talking to you." " Ok."

5 minutes later, " MOOOMMM, " Cue hysterical sobbing. " I am not a baby, you are always treating me like a baby!" Oh good grief. Are we really gonna do this now? " Why won't you let me go across the road by myself. I can run home and get it." "Gwiny, we are in the car, you are not getting out to run home and get a stuffed animal, when her dad said he would get it next time." " But I can do it, you are treating me like a baby and I am not a baby." " Gwiny, its not because I think you can't do it, but we are in the car leaving. It is fine."

45 minutes later, " Get in this cart. You two have lost your walking privileges. Running around this store like it is your personal playground. You are d.o.n.e."

And so is my flashback. Well at least it is Izzy upset at me, instead of me upset at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment