Monday, May 16, 2011

I don't want to be a mommy because...

I spent part of today in the doctors office waiting to see our family doctor because of yet another ear infection. I always talk a little funny before it has been treated because the side of my face feels like it is swollen. I told the girls this morning I wasn't feeling well as I am sure they don't notice the subtile difference in the way I talk.

I let Izzy and Emma watch much more T.V. then usual. I also yelped in pain when eating. All of these things Gwiny missed while at school. But then, while sitting outside with friends, I hopped up off the ground to answer the call from the doctor. I then heard a pop and a sting of pain from my hip. Now I can't chew, I can't walk, and I sound funny when I talk. So after homework, I turned on Tangled and sat on the couch, something rather unusual for me.

While sitting there, Gwin turned to me and said. " I don't want to be a mommy because..." and in my mind I was thinking, 'cause mommy's are old with bad hips and have to work while sick?' but she finishes the sentence " I don't want to have to spend all of my money."

You don't want to have to spend all of your money. I find that as good of reason as the other. Especially from my little frugal mini-me. But it surprises me that a 6 year old would even think about something so few grown ups consider.

Not only has Gwiny proclaimed her 6 year old version of why she doesn't want to be a mom, a few moths ago, Izzy did the same same in her own 4 year old way. " What do you want to be when you grow up? " Izzy: " I want to be a superstar." Do you want to be a mommy like me too?" "No, I never want to be a mommy."

And I bet you first started reading you thought I was going to complain about why I didn't want to be a mommy. GOTCHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment