Sunday, April 3, 2011

Recharged



When I last left off, 2 months ago, I was on a quest to find myself. I am proud to tell you I have both failed and succeeded at this task. I wouldn't call it a disaster of epic proportions, but a disaster none the less.

I started by deciding to become a cake designer. I made a couple cool cakes, but I am no Buddy.

I tried my hand at vacation planning. I scored four, 4 day tickets to Disney World and 3 nights in a hotel off property that provided breakfast for a total of $820.


I tried extreme-couponing. I bought Tangled 4 disc combo pack for a little over $6, bought a pair of jeans for $1.24, saved over $90 on my grocery bill, and even found a coupon on my recipt at Disney and saved 10% on our entire souvener purchase.


I tried laying in my bathtub drinking apple wine.
That is until I was interupted by x, y, or z.



And after all of these attempts at finding what was right for me. I realized that I am good at all of these things. Good, not great. And in the end I realized that all of these things have something in common, they are things that make for a good mother and a good wife.


And because I don't like to be that sappy, I would just like to end with one of my recent Izzy quotes. " I can't eat my dinner tonight." Me: "why?" Izzy: "Because I don't have any teeth." My husband " Really, your gonna go with no teeth?" Izzy curling her lips around her teeth. " Yep, I don't have any teeth so I can't eat this food I don't like."


3 comments:

  1. Hooray for blogging!!! But you've sold yourself a little short...you're a FANTASTIC mother and wife!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love to be mad and my daughters say something off the wall that I have to hide my smile. But when they comment makes me burst into laughter it is usually unforgettable!

    ReplyDelete