Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer

  This past weekend we had the ability to join my mother's team in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk.   This is the second year my daughters and I have participated and again had a wonderful time.   It started with a dance warm up, followed by the walk, a little time on the playground, and lunch at hooters.

My Grandma made a fantastic bra for my mom that is two cupcakes and every year she has been cancer free they add another candle.  This year marked her 4 year anniversary of completing treatment. 


Mom in her cupcakes, Grandma with some ice cream. And my girls and me in zebra print. Gwiny and Emma both have theirs on under their jackets. 


  
I also should note that my Izzy walked the entire length of the walk, 3.5 miles!  Gwiny accompanied my dad to walmart and lowes because he was injured and couldn't participate.  And Emma rode the whole length of the walk in her stroller and fell asleep at the 3 mile mark. 


  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment