Friday, October 12, 2012

Awesome things my girls say

   Because I feel like we have not done anything particularly interesting or noteworthy in a couple weeks.  I am going to make today's blog about the awesome (and not so awesome) things that my girls sometimes say. We will start with Emma:



  Yesterday we took Isabel to the ENT for a 4:15 appointment.  One thing I love about our ENT's office is that they have a room just devoted to kids.  It has a plastic picnic table and Highlights magazines and toys and a TV that plays the disney channel.  So waiting to be called back is never an issue.  But it all changes when you get in the room and have to wait 25 minutes that seems like 2 hours of all three of your children and yourself trying to sit still and wait.  So I decided I would make up a story to tell them.  And they specifically requested a scary story, of which I will give you an abbreviated version.  All daughters were visited by a scary monster on Halloween and he told them that they would have to do a ritual before midnight otherwise monsters would roam the earth.  But the girls called the cops and the monster ran away.  So the next morning monsters were roaming the earth and they had to make a golden bullet out of their blood and a ritz cracker.  Then they had to find the scariest monster and mommy had to shoot him with the golden bullet and all the monsters would disappear. So they went to the scariest place they could think of, Walmart.  And when they found him he turned in to glitter and then all the other monsters turned in to glitter, so the girls scooped up some monster glitter and went home and made a craft.   
   At some point in this story Emma yelled really loud " I would get my knife!"  I was shocked, I guess I shouldn't be sense I was talking about shooting Monsters and all, but I immediately had to stop my story and talk about how we don't actually want to hurt people or monsters and that this is just a pretend story and how she isn't even allowed to touch knives.  Still not my best parenting moment, not my worst either, but I probably shouldn't tell stories about shooting things. 



Gwin:

 About 10 minutes after the story I was letting them watch videos of themselves on my cell phone and her doctor walked in, apologized for what his hand looked like and assured us that it was a burn and not contagious.  He then proceeded to talk to me throughout the whole appointment and even as we walked out the door he was still talking.  I have never heard a doctor say " Well, I better let you get going" before. Especially this doctor. Izzy has seen him 4 times and he was the one that performed her surgery.  He has always been very professional bordering on curt.  Anyway, after we left I said to the girls " That was weird."  and Gwin was like " Yea, I bet he was talking to us like that so he could get a sponsor so he could get some burn medicine."   I was like " Gwin this isn't the Hunger Games!"

Izzy: 

  Today Izzy had a pajama party for the letter P at school.  So Izzy picked out special pajamas.  She walked out of her room saying this "  Puppy and Peace sign Pajamas for Pajama Party 'P' day"  
Like a boss. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment