Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What can I do in one day?

I have been riddled with this question for years now. I always feel like everyone is much more productive than myself. It could be that I am just self critical. I mean, I am almost entirely sure that I am self critical, but I have been feeling like I am always full of excuses to myself. Why is my house not clean? Response: Because the girls haven't been sleeping well and I am tired. Then I think, the girls are never sleeping well and I am always tired. What is your excuse now? Well Emma is cutting teeth and wants me to hold her all day. Response: Emma has wanted you to hold her all day since the day she was born. NEXT...

And so goes my circle of self criticism until I end up eating four Lindt chocolates that I was given for my birthday. Don't think I had that much self control. This is only the 4th day I have been in the presence of those Lindt chocolates.

And so I decided to think back on what I had done today, and wonder why I can't get anything done. Here it is, my day:

Wake up
Get dressed
Make Coffee
Do the dishes
Wake up the kids
Get ready for a movie
Take the kids to a movie
Come home
Make lunch
Administer Lunch
Clean up after lunch
Watch the kids put on a show while eating my own lunch
Start nap time
Start a load in the washing machine
Go on a playdate
Make dinner
Order Harry Potter Tickets
Go to publix
Put the older kids to bed
Emma stays up
Make popcorn
Eat lindt chocolates instead of dinner
Drink a mountain dew
Get Emma to sleep
Watch storage wars
Blog

Now Sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment