Sunday, July 17, 2011

Harry Potter Party... Part 2




I am a full blown Potterhead. I own more Harry Potter collectables than people would think possible of a grownup. In fact, I have 2 shelves of my bookshelf with wands, a lego burrow, Chocolate Frogs, Fudge Flies, Droobles, A notebook with a quill, all of the movies, a wax seal thing that sets as Ministry of Magic, A butterbeer glass, a Hogs Head Mug, and a Ministry coffee cup. I also own 2 sets of the books. One for the girls and one that came in a special box set, it looks like Harry's Hogwarts trunk. Oh and I have 3 shirts and a hoodie. It seems a little obsessive now that I write it all down.

In November we hosted our first Harry Potter Party to coincide with the release of the Dealthy Hallows Part 1. Yesterday, we hosted our second Harry Potter Party. I spent over 5 hours this week baking cakes, making snitch pops, creating challenges, and collecting prizes. I even created an all new type of cake. I call it Pumpkin pie cake. It was fantastic. I used a white cake mix, added in half a can of pumpkin filling, and used 1/3 of a cinnamon candy cane mixed into the batter. I also spent over 6 hours cleaning my house to get it ready for company.

We ate a meal, drank butterbeer, had a scavenger hunt that ended in Brianna having to drink half a pitcher of tea to get to her item, a hot potato trivia game, wii wizards chess, a polyjuice potion making (who can make the worst tasting soda) competition, and we ended the night by attending the last movie.
The party was a success aside from the fact that as the night came to a close, I nearly fell asleep during the Harry Potter movie and my throat was burning. I barely made it 10 min. after our company left, until I fell asleep on the couch. But I did get raving reviews of my cakes, and that is almost as important as the movie itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment