Thursday, January 10, 2013

When I was 18 and other silly stories

  My big girls are now in 3rd grade and in Kindergarten.  It turns out when girls are in school a big topic of conversation in my life now is who likes who in which class.  I know that Cameryn (girl) and Casey (boy) have decided to switch names because they think they have names of the opposite gender. I know that so and so was playing OREO, which is basically rock paper scissors, and had to ask out Zachary because she lost.  I know who likes who and who chases who on the playground.  Well lets be honest, I don't know for sure because I am not great with names, but these are the things that my daughters are talking about these days.  Which leads to my story...

  Izzy:  I like two boys at school.  They think I am cute.
Gwiny ( my mini-me):  I don't like boys, they are gross, and also they smell bad.  Especially after PE
Me:  I agree.  Let me tell you a story.  Once upon a time Mommy thought all boys were gross and stinky and I wanted nothing to do with those boys.  And then when I was a teenager I thought those boys were even more gross, and extra stinky.  I don't think they even took showers.  And then one day when I was 18 I met a boy that was not stinky at all and he wasn't so gross.  So I kissed him.
(((( GASP from all daughters)))))
Me:  And then I married him.
Izzy:  IT WAS PAPA!!!!! He doesn't stink.
Me:  Soo don't kiss anyone until your 18 and you find a boy that doesn't smell bad.


Emma's story:

    Mommy, you  can have 1 popcorn.  One at a time.  Did you eat only one?

Me:  Yes.

Emma:  Tell me the truth.

Me: I had two, okay, I had two pieces of popcorn!


Izzy's story:

   When I am older and I have money and live in my own house.  I am going to buy a cat.

 ( Precursor to crazy cat lady? )


Gwiny's story:

    Hey mommy, when I am in high school will I have to cut open a frog?

Emma:  I want to be a rainbow frog when I grow up.

Me:  Yes, in anatomy class.  Its not that bad though, its just a weird giant frog.

Gwin:  I don't want to do that because frogs are gross.

Me:  At least they are already dead when you get them.

Gwin:  That's a relief.  I thought I would have to kill it.


  And in other news:  Happy Birthday to my Dad!  For this year, I will surpass you in age.  Happy 29th (again) birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment