Monday, September 3, 2012

The Potty Train and other fun adventures

  Well the girls have officially started school.  In fact, they are about to start their 3rd full week.  So I am not doing so well with my timing again.  Ehhh, you know me, thats what I do.  Well, I am proud to say that I am the mother to one 3rd grader and one Kindergardener.  Every time I say that it makes me feel old, real old.  

   Gwin is doing great in 3rd grade, even though I am sure we never had to work this hard in 3rd grade.  She is currently doing a unit on spores in science, graphs in math, and learning vocabulary words like 'resistance'.   Yikes!  Aside from school Gwin is about to start girl scouts again and she has her 8th birthday coming up. She is still wanted to wear only tight clothes, so that is our fun challenge of the year with Gwiny.  Aside from the clothes fight, she seems settled in to her school and for the most part, willing to do her homework.  Even if it is just to get it over with so she can watch iCarly. 
    


   Izzy started kindergarten this year.  She has been having a bit of a hard time adjusting.  Some days she cries because she doesn't want to go to school.  Some days she comes home telling me she had the greatest day ever.  She has been getting a little extra instruction at home with me sense school started.  I feel like it is not right for her to get to run off and play while Gwin does homework, so we have been working on writing her numbers.  With any luck we will get her back in the swing of things and loving kindergarten as much as she loved her pre-k. 


  Emma started full time potty training the first day of school for her older sisters.  I told her that she would be going to potty school with me and we packed a backpack full of diapers, panties, and skirts that she would have to carry with her wherever we go.  The idea was that she would no longer wear diapers except at night, on long trips, and in a pinch if we couldn't find a bathroom.  She has been doing so great!  She is in panties full time now, again with the exception of those listed above.  But the very best part about the potty training so far was the first day when we got home after dropping the older girls off at school.  I told Emma, " Lets go sit on the toilet, it's time to start your potty training school." She put her hands on her hips and gave me a look similar to the one below, and said " That is NOT a train.  That is a TOILET.  I am going on a potty train."  



   

No comments:

Post a Comment