Thursday, August 2, 2012

Farmlympics turned Kidlympics

  First of all, I would like to give a big shout out to my parents who were so awesome to take my kids for almost a whole week this summer!  It was some much needed relaxation.  I tried to sleep as much as humanly possible, but it turns out, I am not nearly as tired when I am not chasing 3 kids around.  So mostly I watched Netflix and broke a bathroom sink trying to 'fix' it.  
  As children of military members, kids who moved every few years, our families have been and will always be very close to us.  And also because of this, we never lived near any of my grandparents.  We would get to see them a few times a year at best.  Luckily, we live only 3 1/2 hours from my parents, 2 1/2 from RJ's.  This means we get to see everyone about once a month.  But summers are very special, and now that the kids are getting older and we will have two in elementary school, it is getting harder for us to take those weekend trips.  Which makes summer time the best time to spend with grandparents.  So after the kids got their week with Grandma and Grandpa, we planned to spend some time with Grammy and Grandad.  
  I had great plans!   Our trip was only 1 week before the olympics and in order to get the kids pumped I created the FARMLYPICS.  We were going to speak in British accents.  I had brought water balloons for a water balloon archery event, a frisbee for the discus, etc.  We were pumped.  And then on day 1 1/2 Gwin came down with a fever and we had to leave.  Sooo... when it came to the summer sleepover I had promised the kids but had not delivered on, I seized the opportunity and went all Olympics on it.   






Lets recap: 



Opening Ceremonies.
3 fairies, 1 princess, and a baby dragon show. 


Balloon volleyball with a blanket net


Archery.  Shoot the balloon off the boot with a hairband


Rhythmic Gymnastics.  Enough Said. 


Self Portraits? 


International cooperation taco dinner


Olympic Ring cookies.  

Oh no, is that my teacher showing? 

1 comment:

  1. Love! Love! Love! Looks like the best sleepover ever! (Now if only I could figure out who that Baby Dragon was...)

    ReplyDelete