Saturday, March 7, 2015

Things you don't want to know.

 I am reading Mom's Night Out and I heard from a very credible source, that sometimes it helps to know that other people are having hard times.  So here are some of my not so cheery thoughts from this week.

 1)    I spent $9 and 3 hours doing laundry this week (this is not including the $20 and 10+ hours that I spend every week washing the laundry in the laundry room downstairs) just to wash every blanket and towel we own because Izzy and Emma threw up on every. single. one. of. them.  Emma was sick, Izzy ate too many cheese-its.

2)     I am tired of my job.  Like I don't spend enough time in a grocery store just buying food for a family of 5, I am now there 20 hours a week helping other people buy food. 

3)     Also, thats 20 hours a week that I am away from my family. I leave for work when my husband gets home which puts us at about 70 hours a week of one of us being at work and the other home with the children. 

4)  I found some plane tickets to Orlando in May for $68 each way, and I kind of wish I homeschooled so that I could just go back to Florida for a couple weeks. 

5) But then I think about how much my kids don't like to listen to me and I don't want to home school. 

6)  I have the best friends in the world.  Like really really great, and I moved away and can't help them, and that makes me feel super duper selfish. 

7)  I have a new friend, and she came over and washed my dishes one day a couple weeks ago just to help me out.  So now I wonder how disheveled I must be that people think they need to come to my house and help me wash my dishes.  

8) Speaking of a new friend, she also told me that when my girls look at me, she can see how much love and respect they have for me.  So that feels pretty great. 

9)  Gwiny studied for weeks for her 5th grade spelling bee.  Even during their week off, and when she lost,  I told her " Thats okay, we are proud of you for making it this far.  PLUS you don't want to have to keep studying for the county spelling bee anyway."  (I'm not winning mother of the year this year) 

10)   Izzy hates wearing pants, but its too cold to let her wear skirts, so I have to get on to her almost every day to put on pants. 

11)  Emma refuses to learn her ABCs.   It's like her colors all over again.  I bet if Kara asked her what letter is "k" she would answer her.  Instead she goes " ummm A?"  

And I would like to leave you with a nice little snippet from a conversation between Izzy and Gwiny.

Gwiny:  I lost it!
Izzy:  Well I am not giving you another one. 
Gwiny:  I just want one more piece of your hair. 
Izzy:   No! 
Gwiny:  But you have like a million on your head! 



Should I be concerned? 


No comments:

Post a Comment