Tuesday, December 16, 2014

December Update

There is a lot of work going on at our house these days.  We have been reorganizing the apartment, putting up a tiny tree, buying and making gifts, and sampling lots of Vermont goodies so that we can make sure that they are good to send to people as gifts.  Wink wink.  I have made over a hundred Harry Potter Christmas ornaments and Gwiny and I are in the process of creating tons of soaps to donate to the school craft fair.  Even though there are lots of things happening not too many of these have stories to go along (Just the one where I told the girls not to eat other peoples Christmas presents, and then I ate them.) So I think our updates will be told with pictures today.

We had professional pictures taken by my friend John at 802 photography.  He is awesome and this was his first experience photographing children.  He had a ton of great ideas and he wasn't even mad when he had to chase Izzy down to try to get her picture.  


We all know Gwiny likes the arts, But I was seriously impressed with this little sketch. 


I went to lunch at the girls school at the end of November and got yelled at by a lunch lady for throwing my food in the trash instead of the compost.  Seriously, who does this?! 


It snowed, we got a sled. RJ pulled the kids up and down the road until it got dark. The next day we found a parent approved hill by the house (i.e. one that didn't end in the street). Problem solved. 



I just love the cuteness of these girls in their snow pants.



Snow Storm #1 gave us 6ish inches of snow. 



We tried our hand at perfume making, it was our original idea of a gift for everyone.  We had a successful first batch.  Batch 2 was a huge failure, and then we (the adults) drank the rest of the vodka that I needed to make a third round.  Maybe we will try again with ever clear, we probably won't drink that. 


Snow Angels! 


Playin' in the snow. 


Oh and this is the prettiest hamburger I ever made. Cause you know, it's the little things. 

1 comment:

  1. I would like to take a moment of silent reflection in honor of the bacon to hamburger ratio in that burger.
    ....
    ...
    ...
    Amen!

    Other thoughts: Your pro pics are amazing...but I don't know how I feel about someone else filling that photography shaped hole in your life!! I know you need someone to do it since I can't be there...*sniff sniff**

    The girls are super cute snow bunnies!!!

    Gwiny's picture is amazing!

    Super impressed with the perfume making, that like uses chemistry!

    And I miss you.

    The end.

    ReplyDelete